NAMSS Fellow Designation
Congratulations to the first NAMSS Fellows!
The NAMSS Fellow Designation is the pinnacle of achievement and acknowledgment for the Medical Services Professional (MSP), recognizing a career MSP who has made outstanding contributions to the profession through service as a leader, mentor, and educator. The Fellow designation signifies the recognition of knowledge along with service to the organization, NAMSS, and advancement of the profession. NAMSS is pleased to announce that the following members have been awarded with the NAMSS Fellow Designation (FMSP).
- Sharon F. Beckley, CPCS, CPMSM, FMSP, ADME/Director, Medical Staff Services, Wellington Regional Medical Center
- Georganna Biggins, CPCS, CPMSM, FMSP, Director, Medical Staff Services, Seattle Children's Hospital
- Karen Claxton, CPCS, CPMSM, FMSP, Manager, Medical Staff Operations, Meadows Regional Medical Center, Inc.
- Kate Conklin, CPCS, CPMSM, FMSP, Senior Vice President, Professional Affairs and Ethics & Compliance Officer, Denton Regional Medical Center
- Sheryl Davis, CPCS, CPMSM, FMSP, Director, Medical Affairs and Education, Overland Park Regional Medical Center
- Renee Aird Dengler, CPCS, CPMSM, FMSP, Consultant, Self & Morrisey Associates
- Jerri Dufour, CPCS, CPMSM, FMSP, Medical Staff Resource Manager, HealthSouth Corporate
- Rebecca Findley, CPCS, CPMSM, FMSP, Manager - Medical Staff Services, Wesley Medical Center
- Geneva Harris, CPCS, CPMSM, FMSP, Clinical Affairs Operations Director, University of California Davis Medical Center
- Ruth Jackson, CPCS, CPMSM, FMSP, Director, Professional Staff Services, Children's Hospital of The King's Daughters
- Kathleen Matzka, CPCS, CPMSM, FMSP, Consultant/Speaker, Kathy Matzka, CPMSM, CPCS, LLC
- Patricia McCurdy, CPCS, CPMSM, FMSP, Director Medical Staff Services, Princeton HealthCare System
- Faith Rhoades, CPCS, CPMSM, FMSP, Director of Medical Staff Services, Huntsville Hospital
- Constance E. Riedel, CPCS, CPMSM, FMSP, Regional Director, Medical Staff Services and Centralized Credentialing Office, Mercy Health North LLC
- Amy Wade, CPCS, CPMSM, FMSP, Administrative Director, Medical Staff Services and Human Resources, Community Hospital
The 2016 application for NAMSS Fellows is Now Closed. Bookmark this page and check back for next year's application in the spring of 2017.
- Current member of National Association Medical Staff Services (NAMSS) for the last five consecutive (5) years
- Dual certification (CPCS, CPMSM)
- History clear of any ethics violations
- 15 years of documented medical services professional experience
- Effective January 1, 2019, a Bachelor’s Degree and fifteen (15) years of documented medical services professional experience is required
- Contribution to NAMSS (three or more of the elements below are required):
- Volunteer Service for NAMSS and/or State Associations*
- Speaker/Presenter at NAMSS national, State and/or Local events
- Published in Synergy
- Awards/Special Recognition given by NAMSS and/or State Associations
- Contributions to the Medical Services profession (two or more of the elements below are required):
- Published articles in healthcare publications and/or in your own health system
- Speaker/Presenter at related healthcare events
- Volunteer service with related healthcare organization
- Awards/Special Recognition given by related healthcare organizations
- Letters of recommendation (500 word maximum) from at least one of the following:
- Current supervisor or other individual within healthcare industry with knowledge of applicant’s career
- Current NAMSS Fellow
- Current or Past State President or NAMSS Committee Chair
- Current or Past NAMSS Board Member
- Personal statement by applicant (500 word maximum on why applicant is deserving of the Fellows designation)
- A non-refundable application fee of $250.
- Current member of NAMSS
- Retention of dual certification (CPCS, CPMSM)
- Compliance with the NAMSS Code of Ethics (violation of the policy will result in revocation of the Fellows designation).
- Applicants will upload their application and related materials into the submission tool for consideration by the Leadership Selection Committee. Applications will be reviewed yearly and new inductees will be recognized the following fall at the NAMSS Annual conference.
- Leadership Selection Committee reserves the right to interview the applicant.
- Leadership Selection Committee will review and score all applicants via the NAMSS Fellow Designation Scoring Document.
- Leadership Selection Committee will discuss all applicants to make a final determination.
- The Chair of the Leadership Selection Committee shall present the slate of the approved fellow designees to the Board for review and approval of inductees. A joint meeting of the Board and Leadership Selection Committee may be held, at the Leadership Selection Committee’s discretion, to address the reasons for any non-approvals.
- If an applicant is denied fellow designation, the Leadership Selection Committee shall send a letter to the applicant outlining the rationale for the committee’s decision.
- If the applicant is denied the fellow designation, the applicant may reapply at the next application window.
- Fellow designees will be notified and will be able to designate him or herself as “FMSP” (Fellow Medical Services Professional).
- Fellows will be recognized at each NAMSS Annual Conference
*Volunteer service for NAMSS includes: current or previous Board member, committee member, committee chair, task force participant, NAMSS instructor, or exam development contributor.