NAMSS Hall of Fame Members
|Carole La Pine, MSA, CPMSM, CPCS
This prestigious award is being presented by the National Association Medical Staff Services and was created to honor Medical Services Professionals (MSPs) who have demonstrated characteristics of enthusiasm, passion, dedication and commitment to the profession. These individuals have advocated for excellence and made outstanding contributions and/or significant strides in the medical services profession of healthcare. A maximum of three honorees will be inducted into the Hall of Fame annually.
Those inducted into the NAMSS Healthcare Hall of Fame will be honored with the Hall of Fame distinction, provided a custom lapel pin and framed certificate to commemorate the honor, receive Honorary membership in NAMSS and be included on the Hall of Fame Display which will be present at each NAMSS Educational Conference.
The Nomination Period for 2017 has closed.
- No longer working full-time in the healthcare industry or a profession allied to the healthcare industry
- Minimum 25 years in the profession as an MSP
- Past or current member of NAMSS
- Past or current CPCS and/or CPMSM certification
- Not employed by or under contract with NAMSS
KEY 2017 DATES AND DEADLINES
|January 30, 2017
||NAMSS Healthcare Hall of Fame opens for Nominations
|March 10, 2017
||Deadline for NAMSS Healthcare Hall of Fame Nominations
|May 22, 2017
||Nominees notified of inductee status
|October 21 - October 25, 2017
||NAMSS 41st Educational Conference & Exhibition
|| - Inductees recognized at the President’s Reception
- Inductees recognized at the Business Luncheon
||Recognition through various media channels such as Synergy, Gateway, the NAMSS Blog, local newspapers, etc.
- Successfully worked at one or more organizations in the healthcare industry or a profession allied to the healthcare industry (e.g., academia, vendor, etc.)
- Made a noteworthy contribution to the healthcare industry and/or NAMSS
- Made significant contribution(s) to the healthcare field at the local, state or national level. Contributions must exceed the expectations for someone in the candidate’s position
- Assumed a leadership position in the healthcare industry outside of the candidate’s own organization or company
- Demonstrated a willingness to share his or her expertise with others in the healthcare industry
- Served as a role model or mentor to others in the healthcare industry
- Showed the ability or influence to effect change in the healthcare industry
- Individuals must be nominated by a third party to be considered for the Hall of Fame program
- To nominate an individual, click the “Click Here to Nominate” button above and complete the online form. A confirmation email will then be sent to the nominator's email address containing further details.
- Submitted nominations will be considered for five (5) years after their initial submittal.
- All nomination materials must be received by Friday, March 10th.
- Completed online nomination form
- Written statement from the nominator not to exceed 500 words detailing why the candidate meets the criteria for induction consideration
- CV or resume of the nominee
- At least two recommendation letters from previous employers, co-workers and/or colleagues (does not include the written statement from the nominator)*
- Any other nominee background information detailing accomplishments including articles, awards, etc., not to exceed 10 pages
*Current members of the Leadership Selection Committee may not nominate an individual or provide a letter of recommendation for anyone that has been nominated for induction into the Hall of Fame.
There is no applicable fee to nominate for this recognition program.
The individuals accepted into the Hall of Fame program will receive complimentary registration and an all-expense paid trip to that year’s annual conference. Covered expenses are to include: round trip airfare to the host city (not to exceed $500), up to three nights hotel stay to ensure attendance at the President’s Reception and Business Luncheon, a $50 per diem stipend for meals, and travel mileage or transportation costs to/from the airport. A hotel amenity and personalized note from the President will also be provided to each guest in their sleeping room upon check-in.
In addition to recognition at the national level, NAMSS will also provide a press release to local newspaper media outlets.
Interested in sponsoring this prestigious recognition program? Please contact the NAMSS Executive Office at email@example.com or (202) 367-1196 to learn more.
If you have any questions about the NAMSS Healthcare Hall of Fame Recognition Program, please contact Jessica Baumgartner at firstname.lastname@example.org or (202) 367-1196.