The Charlotte Cochrane Scholarship Award was established in 1988 in honor of Charlotte Cochrane, founder and past president of NAMSS and former Overview editor. The award provides financial assistance to an active member of NAMSS and is to be applied toward the accredited program of study.
The Aspire Higher Scholarship is a NAMSS Scholarship, funded by The Greeley Company, that was established in 2014 and honors Carol Cairns, CPMSM, CPCS, a woman who personifies the ideals of integrity, leadership and knowledge that the profession represents. The award provides assistance for an accredited program of study.
The NAMSS Scholarship Fund was expanded in 2012 to include scholarship opportunities for NAMSS members to attend the National Conference & Exhibition and State/Local Conferences and/or to participate in other continuing education as outlined in the Educational Scholarship Policy.
The NAMSS Leadership Development Scholarship was created in 2017 to include scholarship opportunities for MSPs to participate in NAMSS’ leadership development programs, specifically the Leadership Certificate Program and the Virtual Executive Roundtable.
Applications are due by December 15, 2016 for the following:
- State/Local Conferences and Other Continuing Education programs needing funding between January 16, 2017 and July 15, 2017
- NAMSS Leadership Development Scholarship for programs needing funding between January 16, 2017 and July 15, 2017
Applications are due by June 15, 2017 for the following:
- Charlotte Cochrane Scholarship
- Aspire Higher Scholarship
- NAMSS Annual Conference & Exhibition
- State/Local Conferences and Other Continuing Education programs needing funding between July 15, 2017 and January 15, 2018
- NAMSS Leadership Development Scholarship for programs needing funding between July 15, 2017 and January 15, 2018
Charlotte Cochrane Scholarship Award Winners
||Rhonda Boyd, CPCS, CPMSM
||Lisa Camacho, CPCS
||Gina Mortensen, RHIT, CPCS, CPMSM
||Sydle Robinson, CPCS
||Kristen K. Rockwell, CPMSM
||Thelma Bentley, CPCS
||Danielle Chaney, CPMSM, CPCS
||Lisa Goodwin, CPCS
||Heidi Thompson, CPMSM, CPCS
||Pamala Postma, CPMSM, CPCS
||Kristine Wakefield, CPMSM, CPCS
||Juanita Callion, CPMSM
||Kimberly Pelletier, CPMSM
||Shelia K. Orr, CPMSM
||Joyce Jackson-Fontonet, CPCS
Aspire Higher Scholarship Award Winners
||Cynthia Manglona, B.S., CPMSM, CPCS
||Elizabeth Erwin, CPCS, CPMSM
||Patricia Douglass, CPMSM