The application for the 2020 NAMSS Fellow Designation is now closed.
- Current member of National Association Medical Staff Services (NAMSS) with active membership for the last five consecutive (5) years
- Dual certification (CPCS, CPMSM)
- History clear of any ethics violations
- Fifteen (15) years of documented medical services professional experience
- Effective January 1, 2019, a Bachelor’s Degree and fifteen (15) years of documented medical services professional experience is required
- Contribution to NAMSS and/or State Associations (three or more of the elements below are required):
- Volunteer Service for NAMSS and/or State Associations*
- Speaker/Presenter at NAMSS national or State Association event
- Published in Synergy
- Awards/Special Recognition given by NAMSS and/or State Associations
- Contributions to the Medical Services profession (two or more of the elements below are required):
- Published articles in healthcare publications and/or in your own health system
- Speaker/Presenter at related healthcare events
- Volunteer service with related healthcare organization
- Awards/Special Recognition given by related healthcare organizations
- Letters of recommendation (500 word maximum) from at least one of the following:
- Current supervisor, colleague, or other individual within the healthcare industry with knowledge of the applicant’s career
- Current NAMSS Fellow
- Current or Past State President or NAMSS Committee Chair (excluding the Leadership Selection Committee Chair)
- Current or Past NAMSS Board Member
- Personal statement by applicant (500 word maximum on why applicant is deserving of the Fellows designation)
- A non-refundable application fee of $250
- Current member of NAMSS
- Retention of dual certification (CPCS, CPMSM)
- Compliance with the NAMSS Code of Ethics (violation of the policy will result in revocation of the Fellows designation)
- Applicants will upload their completed application and related materials into the submission tool for consideration by the Leadership Selection Committee. Applications will be reviewed yearly and new inductees will be recognized at the NAMSS Annual Conference.
- The Leadership Selection Committee reserves the right to interview the applicant.
- The Leadership Selection Committee will review and score all applicants via the NAMSS Fellow Designation Scoring Document.
- The Leadership Selection Committee will discuss all applicants to make a final determination.
- The Chair of the Leadership Selection Committee shall present the slate of the approved fellow designees to the Board for review and approval of inductees. A joint meeting of the Board and Leadership Selection Committee may be held, at the Leadership Selection Committee’s discretion, to address the reasons for any non-approvals.
- If an applicant is denied fellow designation, the Leadership Selection Committee shall send a letter to the applicant outlining the rationale for the committee’s decision.
- If the applicant is denied the fellow designation, the applicant may reapply at the next application window.
- Fellow designees will be notified and will be able to designate him or herself as “FMSP” (Fellow Medical Services Professional).
- Fellows will be recognized at each NAMSS Annual Conference.
*Volunteer service for NAMSS includes: current or previous Board member, committee member, committee chair, task force participant, NAMSS instructor, or exam development contributor.
*Volunteer service for State Association includes: current or previous State Board member, committee chair, committee member, or task force/ work group member.