The NAMSS Code of Professional Conduct shall apply to all persons holding membership in NAMSS, including the leadership/officers. The Code sets forth principles that connect the values and ideals of the profession to the work performed by Medical Services Professionals. The Code of Professional Conduct shall serve as the standard by which the NAMSS Ethics Committee will evaluate professional conduct and shall serve as the standards of minimally acceptable professional conduct for all members of NAMSS.
Members are responsible to observe and enhance ethical standards to maintain the respect and credibility of the profession.
The NAMSS Ethics Committee is not only responsible for evaluating professional conduct when concerns are brought forward, but also for educating NAMSS members on professional ethics. Several resources and tools are available as listed under “Resources” on the right side of this page.
NAMSS Code of Professional Conduct
- The member conducts him/herself in a professional manner at all times and provides appropriate quality credentialing support when requested by a peer or superior.
- The member provides for patient safety and service unrestricted by the concerns of personal attributes and without discrimination on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, race, creed, religion, national origin or socioeconomic status.
- The member uses technology consistent with the purposes for which it was designed, and employs procedures and techniques appropriately for credentialing best practices
- The member assesses situations; exercises care, discretion and judgment; assumes responsibility for professional decisions; and acts in the best interest of patients, his or her employers/healthcare providers and the public.
- The member demonstrates expertise by protecting the safety of patients and other members of the health care team through credentialing processes that meet industry standards and understanding of regulatory requirements.
- The member practices ethical conduct appropriate to the profession and protects the patient’s right for quality healthcare.
- The member respects and preserves confidences entrusted in the course of professional practice and reveals confidential information only as needed and in accordance with any applicable law.
- The member continually strives to improve his/her knowledge, skills and productivity by participating in continuing education and professional development activities, and sharing his/her knowledge with colleagues.
NAMSS Certificant Code of Ethics
- NAMSS Certificants shall abide by ethical principles developed to safeguard the public and to promote quality patient care through the support of the health care organization and its functions.
- NAMSS Certificants shall share knowledge, foster educational opportunities, and encourage personal and professional growth through continued self-improvement and applications of current advancements in the profession.
- NAMSS Certificants shall refrain from conduct deemed harmful to the public or inappropriate to the profession.
Complaints or concerns regarding a current CPCS or CPMSM should be addressed immediately in writing and sent to the following address:
The Certification Commission of NAMSS
2025 M Street, NW, Suite 800
Washington, DC 20036
Your complaint will be reviewed by the Chair of the CCN and will be elevated to the ethics committee if necessary.