Board of Directors
Audit & Finance Committee
Leadership Selection Committee
Leadership Development Work Group
NAMSS Liaisons to the Board of Directors
Policies and Bylaws
State of the Profession
Meet the NAMSS Staff
NAMSS Apparel & Merchandise
AHLA Members - Join NAMSS
Managed Care Resource Guide
AHLA Membership Cooperative
NAMSS Hall of Fame
Scholarships & Awards
Ethics Resources & Code of Conduct
Professional Ethics Self-Assessment Tool
NAMSS Career Center
Membership Referral Program
NAMSS 44th Educational Conference and Exhibition
Room Monitor Guidelines
Call for Abstracts
NAMSS CVO Excellence Symposium
NAMSS Education Summit
NAMSS Continuing Education Opportunities
NAMSS Online Courses
In-Person Courses & Workshops
NAMSS Books and Tools
Webinar Speaker Resources
Certification Preparation Opportunities
Become a Leader with NAMSS
Leadership Certificate Program
Emerging Professionals Resources
Virtual Executive Roundtable
NAMSS Education FAQs
CE Program Accreditation Center
Frequently Asked Questions
CPCS Exam Content Outline
CPMSM Exam Content Outline
MSP Certification Toolkit
Dates and Deadlines
Taking The Exam
CPCS Practice Test
CPMSM Practice Test
Certificant Referral Program
NAMSS Position Statements
- Maintenance of Certification
- FSMB Interstate Medical Licensure Compact
- FSMB Telemedicine Model Policy
NAMSS Roundtable Reports
Ideal Credentialing Standards
Credentialing Data Dictionary
Payer Credentialing Roundtable
Real Reform Roundtable
Blockchain Technology Roundtable
Digital Credentialing Roundtable
Credentialing for Tomorrow Roundtable
Verification of Graduate Medical Education Training
NAMSS-ATA Credentialing by Proxy Guide
NAMSS Industry Update Blogs
About Our Certifications
VA Education Benefits
What is the CPCS?
- Understand why you should seek certification as a CPCS, who is eligible to sit for the CPCS exam, and access materials and resources specifically for credentialing specialists.
What is the CPMSM?
- Discover why you should seek certification as a CPMSM, who is eligible to sit for the CPMSM exam, and access materials and resources specifically for medical services management.
- Find out about upcoming dates and deadlines, exam fees, how to register for the exam, what to bring with you, how to prepare, and access materials important to candidates.
- Want to make sure that you maintain your certification? Review the policies, guidelines, and fees related to recertification.
- Did you recently take a NAMSS certification exam? Be sure to review the list of certificants to look for your name.
- View the individuals currently holding NAMSS certification in good standing as a CPCS, CPMSM, or dual certification.
Frequently Asked Questions
- You've got questions and we have answers. Here are some of the most common questions about certification and answers to help guide you.
Certificant Referral Incentive Program
- NAMSS strives to increase the number of certified medical services professionals in an effort to raise the awareness of their impact on healthcare settings nationwide. If you hold a NAMSS certification and have a friend or colleague who meets the eligibility requirements to sit for either the CPCS or the CPMSM exam, the Certificant Referral Incentive Program is perfect for both of you.
Certification Discussion Forum
- Utilize our Certification Discussion Forum to network with other certification candidates.
National Association Medical Staff Services
2025 M Street NW, Suite 800 | Washington, DC 20036
Phone: 202-367-1196 | Fax: 202-367-2196 | E-mail: