Statement From NAMSS, March 17, 2020
Dear Spring 2020 CPCS/CPMSM Candidate:
The health and safety of those taking the CPCS and CPMSM Examinations continues to be paramount to NAMSS and Scantron, our testing vendor.
With the ongoing COVID-19 national emergency, NAMSS recognizes that many testing centers are closing and cancelling examinations scheduled during our spring testing window from March 23 – April 11. If your testing center is closed, you will receive notification directly from Scantron. You can view a list of currently closed testing locations by visiting the Scantron website. This list is being updated daily.
To support you in these efforts during these challenging times, Scantron has approved complimentary rescheduling to a new testing window for any candidate with a canceled testing center. If you center has been closed, please contact NAMSS Certification to transfer to the Summer or Fall testing window.
If your testing center is still open, you can choose to proceed with your examination. NAMSS has been informed that testing sites are taking extra precautions to maintain a clean environment for testing. Regular cleanings are occurring, and proctors are asked to space candidates out as much as possible. Restrooms are conveniently provided and Scantron encourages all candidates to wash their hands prior to and after testing.
NAMSS also recognizes that there are candidates who would prefer to move their exam to another testing window due to the outbreak. At this time, NAMSS is also offering a complimentary transfer to the Summer or Fall testing window. If you would like to transfer to the Summer or Fall testing window, please contact NAMSS Certification.
We thank you all for working with us through this unprecedented event and for your cooperation and patience in this rapidly changing situation. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What is the CPCS? - Understand why you should seek certification as a CPCS, who is eligible to sit for the CPCS exam, and access materials and resources specifically for credentialing specialists.
- What is the CPMSM? - Discover why you should seek certification as a CPMSM, who is eligible to sit for the CPMSM exam, and access materials and resources specifically for medical services management.
- Exam Information - Find out about upcoming dates and deadlines, exam fees, how to register for the exam, what to bring with you, how to prepare, and access materials important to candidates.
- Recertification - Want to make sure that you maintain your certification? Review the policies, guidelines, and fees related to recertification.
- Recently Certified - Did you recently take a NAMSS certification exam? Be sure to review the list of certificants to look for your name.
- Certification Verification - View the individuals currently holding NAMSS certification in good standing as a CPCS, CPMSM, or dual certification.
- Frequently Asked Questions - You've got questions and we have answers. Here are some of the most common questions about certification and answers to help guide you.
- Certificant Referral Incentive Program - NAMSS strives to increase the number of certified medical services professionals in an effort to raise the awareness of their impact on healthcare settings nationwide. If you hold a NAMSS certification and have a friend or colleague who meets the eligibility requirements to sit for either the CPCS or the CPMSM exam, the Certificant Referral Incentive Program is perfect for both of you.
- Certification Discussion Forum - Utilize our Certification Discussion Forum to network with other certification candidates.