The purpose of the NAMSS CE Program Accreditation Center is to grant NAMSS-approved Continuing Education credits to organizations offering industry-related continuing education activities such as:
- training sessions
- online coursework
NAMSS-approved Continuing Education credits: NAMSS approved credits are activities or events in which the sponsoring organization has submitted a formal application to NAMSS to be approved for NAMSS credit. NAMSS approved credits must meet all eligibility guidelines and be approved by the NAMSS Education Committee.
Activities That Do Not Qualify for Continuing Education Credits:
- Product-specific training that is useful only for a given piece of equipment or a particular system and or "product-specific" topics and content are NOT eligible for accreditation
- Continuing Education Credits (CECs) will not be granted for programming that directly competes with NAMSS Educational Offerings as determined by the Education Committee
- Courses submitted that appear to be sales pitches or product endorsements will not receive approval. This distinction is important because NAMSS does not endorse a specific manufacturer's products. NAMSS endorses competence in given areas of expertise. Product-specific courses may be approved when they are designed to increase efficiency, workflow, convey application guidelines, or troubleshooting techniques
- Attendance at department, medical staff, or other work-related meetings
- Stress reduction, and other similar types of personal improvement activities
- Viewing equipment at trade shows/exhibits
- Developing and writing policies and procedures related to work or other professional responsibilities
- Volunteer service on non-NAMSS related boards or committees
- **NAMSS Webinar recordings do not qualify for additional certification. Please visit the NAMSS Store for information on purchasing group access to a webinar recording.**
Organizations interested in receiving NAMSS accreditation must complete the online application form, which includes an approved tag line.
- In their application, organizations will be prompted to attach a schedule/agenda indicating the session topics and length, scheduled breaks and meals, whether the course is generic or product-specific, and a brief course description to include the intended audience and course objectives. Without this information, applications cannot be processed. These documents may be electronically uploaded during the application process.
- Accreditation requests should be submitted at least two months prior to the program date. This will ensure adequate time for NAMSS to process the application and allow the sponsoring organization to insert the appropriate information regarding credits in their marketing materials. Programs submitted less than 30 days prior to the program date will be evaluated on a best-effort basis. Programs submitted less than 30 days prior to the program date will be subject to a $25 late fee. Beginning 6/1/2021, programs submitted between 30 and 15 days before the program date will be subject to a $50 late fee and programs submitted between 15 and 0 days before a program date will be subject to a $100 late fee. Please allow at least two weeks for application processing.
*Please note that any application submitted after the program has taken place, will NOT be approved for CE credit.
Events with multiple dates/times - How many applications do I need to submit?
- Each program an organization wishes to have accredited requires a separate online application.
- If your program consists of multiple sessions that are not part of one comprehensive event, each session must be submitted individually to allow for individual Continuing Education certificates to be awarded.
- Example: a series of six different lectures where attendees can choose which to attend would have to be submitted as six separate programs/applications, as attendance at every session is not a requirement.
- If your program contains multiple sessions AND registration is comprehensive of the full program and attendance assumes completion of the entire program, you may submit the program in one application.
- Example: a conference over multiple days or a webinar series over multiple weeks/months wherein attendance of all webinars is included/required.
Important: Per the NAMSS Education Policies and Procedures, NAMSS Continuing Education Credits cannot be advertised by the sponsoring organization until approved. This includes marketing materials and other course collateral. Please note phrasing such as, “This program has been submitted to NAMSS for approval” is not permitted. Once approved, NAMSS will provide exact language that must be used when promoting programs offering NAMSS credits.
One hour of qualified education will qualify for 1.0 NAMSS continuing education credit, with the expectation that no more than 10 minutes of each hour may be utilized for housekeeping activities such as speaker introduction, attendance, etc. Credit is not awarded for breaks, meals, networking activities, or business or administrative meetings.
Determining Sponsor Type
- State Chapter Affiliate
- Not-for-profit Organization (not-for-profit hospitals and non-profit organizations)
- For-profit Organization (corporations, vendors, law firms, etc.)
Applications must be submitted by the sponsoring organization with correct fee type. A sponsoring organization is identified as the organization which:
- Is hosting the program in-person or on a virtual platform.
- Is responsible for the content, either serving as the speaker or has sourced and hired an outside speaker.
- Is collecting all registration information including fees when applicable.
- Is sending all promotional materials*.
- Is distributing NAMSS-approved CE certificates.
- Is the primary contact for all questions related to the program content in the event follow-up is needed from NAMSS.
*Cross-promotion is allowed by outside organizations with prior approval from NAMSS.
If outside organizations will be helping promote your program, please list them
and their relationship with your organization in your application.
Course descriptions must indicate the intended audience and course content must be a reasonable match for that audience. Courses with content inappropriate for the target audience will not receive approval.
Applications for accreditation must be accompanied by a brief course description, including the length of course and key learning objectives. This information allows potential attendees to determine whether the course will meet their educational needs and know what they can expect to get out of the course before they invest their time and money.
For example, “At the completion of this course attendees will be able to:
- Describe the evolution of the current healthcare system
- Identify the purpose and content of medical staff bylaws
- Report current JCAHO and NCQA accreditation and credentialing standards for acute care, managed care, and credentialing verification organizations
- Define healthcare terms and medical terminology
- Define legal principle of credentialing
- Describe key components of healthcare administration and management theories"
If you can’t tell or can’t decide what knowledge the attendees will gain from the course, we can’t determine if the instruction will be useful for the intended audience, nor is it possible to justify attendance at this educational event.
NAMSS Affiliates are eligible to receive discounts on NAMSS continuing education credits for State Association meetings when the educational program meets approved requirements. NAMSS Affiliates will be eligible for the NAMSS “Affiliate” rate. Non-affiliated State Associations or other non-profit organizations will be eligible for the non-profit rate.
- State Chapter Affiliate
- $75.00 if the program charges NAMSS members
- $25.00 if the program is free for NAMSS members
- Not-for-Profit Organization - $155.00
- For-profit organizations/corporations - $550.00 for each program ($50.00 for each additional offering of the same program)
For more information, click the "Enduring / Recorded Content" tab
- State Chapter Affiliate - $120.00
- Not-for-Profit Organization - $245.00
- For-profit organizations/Corporations - $750 ($50.00 for each additional offering of the same program)
The following fees will be added to the application based on the number of credits requested.
|Number of credits
|0.25 - 3.75 credits
|4 - 5.75 credits
|6 - 9.75 credits
Programs submitted less than 30 days prior to the program date will be evaluated on a best-effort basis. Programs submitted less than 30 days prior to the program date will be subject to a $25 late fee. Beginning 6/1/2021, programs submitted between 30 and 15 days before the program date will be subject to a $50 late fee and programs submitted between 15 and 0 days before a program date will be subject to a $100 late fee.
Enduring/ Recorded Content
NAMSS recognizes the opportunity to record and repurpose continuing education opportunities. We give our accredited programs the chance to record the first offering of their program (whether presented as an online webinar or filming a live presentation) and pair it with a quiz for additional offerings during a two year period.
Courses must be accompanied by a true/false or multiple choice, 10 question quiz (you do not need to provide this quiz with your application). There is no limit to the number of times recordings may be offered. Recordings are valid for a two year period following the original date of the program offering.
- State chapters: $120 for a one time live presentation that is recorded and repurposed with a 10 question quiz (good for 2 years from date or original occurrence)
- Non-profit(not-for-profit hospitals and non-profit organizations) : $245 for a one time live presentation that is recorded and repurposed with a 10 question quiz (good for 2 years from date or original occurrence)
- For-profit organizations/Corporations: $750 for a one time live presentation that is recorded and repurposed with a 10 question quiz (good for 2 years from date or original occurrence)
Programs should apply using the NAMSS CE accreditation center at least 30 days prior to the date of first offering of the program. Select the Enduring materials option when you are starting a new application.
NAMSS will provide a certificate of attendance to the program sponsor, which may be reproduced and distributed to program participants, if desired.
Please note that purchases in the CE Accreditation Center are non-refundable. If you have to cancel your event for any reason, NAMSS will allow you to transfer payment to the make-up event or a future event worth the same number of CE credits.
Continuing Education Credits cannot be advertised by the sponsoring organization until approved. This includes marketing materials and other course collateral. Please note phrasing such as, “This program has been submitted to NAMSS for approval” is not permitted. Once approved, NAMSS will provide exact language that must be used when promoting programs offering NAMSS credits.
Primary promotion/advertisement of a program must come from the sponsoring organization.*
*Cross-promotion is allowed by outside organizations with prior approval from NAMSS. If outside organizations will be helping promote your program, please list them and their relationship with your organization in your application.