Get NAMSS Certified and show your employers, peers, and the industry you are dedicated to your profession, career, and most importantly being a gatekeeper of patient safety. Holding your CPCS® and/or CPMSM® provides employers and the public with the assurance that you are a certified individual with the necessary skills, knowledge, and expertise in provider credentialing or medical services management.
The NAMSS certification program establishes industry standards and serves as a comprehensive measure of knowledge in the field. NAMSS certifications are for individuals typically employed or contracted by a healthcare organization including, but not limited to, hospitals (health systems), health plans, ambulatory care settings, group practices, and credentialing verification organizations.
Learn more about NAMSS Certifications:
"The most important value I gained from achieving and maintaining certification is the effect it has on my confidence in my knowledge when giving guidance to my peers, physicians, and/or administration. This confidence has enabled me to been seen as a valuable resource."
Goals of Certification
The NAMSS certification program aspires to the following goals for provider credentialing and medical services management:
- To promote industry standards, and to provide a means to verify professional knowledge in the field of provider credentialing and medical services management.
- To distinguish those professionals who demonstrate an established level of knowledge and expertise in the field, and to provide prospective healthcare employers with a means to identify qualified candidates for provider credentialing or medical services management positions.
- To provide the opportunity for personal validation of professional competency.
- To raise awareness of and professionalize the positions in the field of provider credentialing and medical services management, and to acknowledge a commitment to the public to foster quality healthcare delivery.
- To enhance knowledge and skill through continuing education and recertification requirements.
Learn more about what it means to be NAMSS certified and why you should consider pursuing your CPCS® or CPMSM® certification.
You have questions and we have the answers! Explore some of the most commonly asked questions about certification with helpful answers to guide you.
NOTICE: As a reminder, NAMSS is no longer mailing printed paper certificates. Digital badges and a PDF certificate are available via Credly for new and renewal certificants. Learn more.
CPCS® and CPMSM® are registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office as service marks of National Association Medical Staff Services.