The Call for Abstracts for the NAMSS 48th Educational Conference and Exhibition, scheduled for September 29 - October 2, 2024, is now open. Please consider sharing your knowledge and expertise by submitting one or more abstracts for consideration to be presented at the Annual Conference.
The deadline for abstract submission has been extended to Friday, March 1, 2024! If you know of others who have a certain expertise that would be valuable to your NAMSS colleagues, please let them know about this opportunity.
What We Are Looking For
The NAMSS Annual Conference draws medical services professionals together from across the country. Medical Services Professionals (MSPs) are an essential part of any healthcare organization. MSPs have a wide variety of responsibilities that include primary accountability for the administrative and medical-legal structure of the medical staff organization in hospitals, managed care, surgical center and other healthcare settings. Some of the most important responsibilities of MSPs include credentialing, privileging, and re-credentialing of all physicians and advanced practice clinicians, assuring compliance with various state and federal regulations and accrediting body standards pertaining to the functions of the medical staff.
We are looking for a dynamic variety of presentations to meet the diverse needs of the NAMSS membership in the areas noted above and related to professional development enhancing leadership skills. NAMSS Conference attendees also represent a wide variety of experience levels in many topics, so please consider the level at which your presentation will address your topic. Below you will find a few of the selections that you will need to make during your abstracts submission:
- Session Track - Choose a subject matter track that best fits your abstract. The tracks for this year's abstract submission process include Credentialing/Privileging, Accreditation/Regulatory, Provider Enrollment, Quality/Peer Review, Executive Management, Leadership/Professional Development, and CVO.
- Session Length - All sessions submitted must be for a full 60 minute concurrent session.
- Intended Audience - Understanding your audience's level of expertise is crucial! You will be prompted to choose the experience level of your intended audience—whether they're beginners seeking introductory knowledge, mid-level professionals, or advanced MSPs. This information will help us ensure that your presentation resonates effectively with attendees across diverse skill sets.
Opportunity: This year, we are looking for more topics/sessions for advanced MSPs. Please consider submitting an abstract geared to a more advanced audience.
- Preferred Session Format - Traditionally, sessions at NAMSS have been offered primarily in a lecture format. We are encouraging new ideas for innovative session formats! If your session would be better offered as a roundtable discussion with interaction between attendees, or a moderated panel discussion where attendees can submit questions to the presenters, we would like to know. If you have another idea for a session format, indicate that on the submission form!
- Primary Presenter Demographics - In partnership with the NAMSS Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Task Force, the Conference Committee is requesting demographic information on the primary presenter on each abstract submission. This will assist the committee in our commitment to selecting an inclusive slate of speakers for the conference.
Sessions must be educational in nature and must not include any sales, product, or marketing/promotional information. Speakers are encouraged to prepare and present original material. Ownership of all session materials remains with the authors/presenters. Speakers must also obtain usage rights for any copyrighted materials prior to their submission to NAMSS.
After careful consideration and researching other healthcare association conferences including large events such as Becker’s, HIMSS and HFMA, NAMSS will no longer be offering honoraria to conference speakers. NAMSS will be reinvesting the honoraria dollars into speaker training and development, conference enhancements, and attendee scholarships. The NAMSS Professional Development Council (PDC) made this recommendation to the Board of Directors, who approved this change for the 48th Educational Conference & Exhibition. With this change, NAMSS is now aligned with other healthcare associations.
If your abstract is selected for presentation at the NAMSS Annual Conference, you will receive:
- Complimentary conference registration
- An invitation to the NAMSS President’s Reception, a VIP invite-only event.
NAMSS continues to explore avenues to best invest our funds for the greatest benefit of our members. We appreciate your understanding and look forward to seeing you in Denver in 2024.
If you have any questions about the abstract submission process, please contact the NAMSS Executive Office at 202-367-1196 or firstname.lastname@example.org.