Credentialing Specialist (CPCS) Certification Preparation Course
The NAMSS Credentialing Specialist Certification Preparation Workshop is a two-day interactive program designed to help you assess your knowledge of the CPCS exam content and identify areas in which additional study is necessary before you take the exam. This comprehensive workshop provides a high-level overview of the exam topics including credentialing and privileging; primary source verification; compliance with standards; and medical staff services operations. All topics are reviewed from the perspective of a variety of health care settings including hospitals, managed care organizations, ambulatory care settings and CVOs.
Participants will work through a series of interactive activities including scenario-based exercises and case studies supplemented with in-class learning facilitated by experienced NAMSS instructors. A key focus of the course is the development of a personalized study plan for post-workshop study and preparation to take the examination. The course includes pre-workshop preparation materials which you will need to complete prior to class and access to comprehensive supplementary resources to help you prepare for the exam.
This course includes the NAMSS Comparison Grid of Standards.
Note: The NAMSS Credentialing Specialist (CPCS) Certification Preparation Course is a learning tool, and does not guarantee success on the certification exam. The CCN does not develop, administer, sponsor, endorse, or financially benefit from any type of exam review, preparatory course or published materials related to the content of the certification examinations. The purchase and/or use of any exam preparation material does not guarantee a passing score on the exam.
Although the CPCS Certification Preparation course reviews much of the information addressed in the test, it is not designed to teach basic concepts or skills, and it does not include specific information about the test content beyond what is included the content outline.
What You Will Learn:
- Regulations, credentialing standards, and policies required of all medical environments;
- The credentialing application, review, and approval process;
- Primary source verification by NCQA and other accrediting bodies;
- A range of physician licensing challenges and regulations on a case-by-case basis;
- The privileging application and approval process;
- Recredentialing and accreditation policies and documentation;
- Paper and electronic file keeping and data management;
- Find out more in our Frequently Asked Questions!
How You Will Benefit:
- Improve your understanding of each medical environment and its patients;
- Apply problem-solving tools and strategies to face legal, staff, and patient challenges;
- Recognize the latest standards and procedures in credentialing and accreditation;
- Enforce efficient recordkeeping practices to accommodate routine auditing; and
- Enhance your communication skills with patients, physicians, and accrediting bodies.
Who Should Attend:
MSPs planning to take the Certified Provider Credentialing Specialist (CPCS) Certification Exam. NAMSS members and non-members are welcome.
This in-person course is approved for 14.0 CE credits.
(on or before February 4, 2022)
(After February 4, 2022)
Registration fees for the NAMSS Certification Preparation Courses are separate from the registration for state or chapter events. Registration for the NAMSS Certification Preparation Course is organized through NAMSS. When registering for a course select the register online link to the preferred course dates and locations. Please refer to each course to determine early bird registration deadlines. Space is limited, so we encourage all registrants to pay with a credit card whenever possible. For those persons seeking reimbursement from their organization, please note that receipts will be mailed to all registrants. We must receive your payment a minimum of two weeks prior to the event or we will release your space to another registrant.
Dates and Locations:
NAMSS 2022 Education Summit
March 4 - 5, 2022
Hyatt Regency New Orleans
601 Loyola Ave.
New Orleans, LA 70113