The Call for Abstracts for the 44th NAMSS Educational Conference and Exhibition that will be held on October 3 - October 7, 2020 in Portland, Oregon is now open. Please consider sharing your knowledge and expertise by submitting one or more abstracts for consideration to be presented at the Annual Conference.
Abstracts will be accepted until February 21, 2020. If you know of others who have a certain expertise that would be valuable to your NAMSS colleagues, please let them know about this opportunity.
The NAMSS Annual Conference draws medical services professionals together from across the country. Medical Services Professionals (MSPs) are an essential part of any healthcare organization. MSPs have a wide variety of responsibilities that include primary accountability for the administrative and medical-legal structure of the medical staff organization in hospitals, managed care, surgical center and other healthcare settings. Some of the most important responsibilities of MSPs include credentialing, privileging, and re-credentialing of all physicians and advanced practice clinicians, assuring compliance with various state and federal regulations and accrediting body standards pertaining to the functions of the medical staff.
We are looking for a dynamic variety of presentations to meet the diverse needs of the NAMSS membership in the areas noted above and related to professional development enhancing leadership skills. NAMSS Conference attendees also represent a wide variety of experience levels in many topics, so please consider the level at which your presentation will address your topic. Below you will find a few of the selections that you will need to make during your abstracts submission:
- Session Track - Choose a subject matter track that best fits your abstract. The tracks for this year's abstract submission process include Credentialing/Privileging, Accreditation/Regulatory, Executive Management, Leadership/Professional Development, and New Innovative Trends.
- Topic Level - Choose from introductory, mid-level, or advanced topic level.
- Preferred Session Length (New this year!) - NAMSS is offering different length sessions at the conference this year. Choose your preferred session length from a 15 minute Lightning Learning presentation to a full 90 minute concurrent session.
- Preferred Session Format (New this year!) - Traditionally, sessions at NAMSS have been offered primarily in a lecture format. We are encouraging new ideas for innovative session formats! If your session would be better offered as a roundtable discussion with interaction between attendees, or a moderated panel discussion where attendees can submit questions to the presenters, we would like to know. If you have another idea for a session format, please tell us!
Sessions must be educational in nature and must not include any sales, product, or marketing/promotional information. Speakers are encouraged to prepare and present original material. Ownership of all session materials remains with the authors/presenters. Speakers must also obtain usage rights for any copyrighted materials prior to their submission to NAMSS.
If your abstract is selected for presentation as a concurrent session for 60 or more minutes at the 44th NAMSS Educational Conference, NAMSS offers the following "compensation":
- Complimentary Full Conference Registration
- A stipend of $500/speaker to be used as the speakers chooses to cover expenses
- If a speaker has more than one abstract selected for presentation, speaker will receive an addition $200/presentation
- Invitation to the President's Reception held during the Conference
Please note that Lightning Learning presentations do not fall within this compensation package.
If you have any questions about the abstract submission process, please contact the NAMSS Executive Office at 202-367-1196 or email@example.com.