Well, Now What? Addressing Medical Staff Issues During the Second Half of the Pandemic and Preparing to get Back to Normal (Recorded Webinar)
Tuesday, May 19, 2020
1:00 pm – 2:00 pm ET
John Synowicki, JD
This webinar will review several of the current challenges COVID-19 has created and explore what the new normal looks like. When it comes to credentialing providers, we want to keep the process as “normal” as possible-- but what happens when you can’t get verifications and properly credential providers? How do Temporary and Emergency privileges play a role, and what is the best way to track and implement those? As we learn to adjust to the pandemic, we must be prepared for these challenges and learn how to overcome them: peer review changes – phone meetings, how to interview physicians and conduct the meeting (safe medium, etc.); Physicians who refuse to cover call; Behavior issues during a crisis – how to deal with disruptive physicians, etc.
What you will learn:
- How to use several of the main takeaways from the COVID-19 crisis to ask you and your organization questions as to plan ahead
- Did you extend physicians as allowed by TJC? Do you have a plan to get them processed once this lifts?
- Have you planned for video/phone meetings for the long term? Is there anything else you need to do to make them permitted (e.g., do your bylaws prohibit telephonic attendance or require special notice requirements?
Who Should Attend
- MSPs looking to learn how to harness the knowledge they have gained so far to move forward into the second half of the pandemic and then the post-COVID-19 world.
- NAMSS Members
- This webinar has been approved for 1.0 CE Credits.
Purchasing as a group/staff of up to five individuals? Click here for discounted group access. Group purchasing provides access to the webinar and five (5) individual CE certificates.
Is your group larger than five individuals? Click here to purchase more CE certificates for the group. Additional certificates may be purchased in packages of 10. There is no limit on the number of additional packages you purchase.