NAMSS Credentialing Specialist (CPCS) Study Guide
The NAMSS Credentialing Specialist (CPCS) Study Guide is a printed reference guide designed to help medical services professionals prepare for the CPCS exam. This comprehensive resource covers exam topics, including credentialing and privileging; primary source verification; compliance with standards; and medical services operations. In addition, these topics are reviewed from the perspective of a variety of healthcare settings, including hospitals, credentials verification organizations (CVOs), managed care organizations (MCOs), and ambulatory care settings. MSPs are able to access the full spectrum of information they will need to know for the CPCS exam in one organized guide.
As you may know the CPCS content outline has been modified for the 2019 October Certification Exam administration.
However, please note that the content in the CPCS Study Guide remains current.
NAMSS does plan to release a 2019-2020 version of the CPCS Study Guide in Q1 2020.
We are unable to ship to PO Boxes.
MSPs planning to take the Certified Provider Credentialing Specialist (CPCS) Certification Exam and/or MSPs new to the field who are looking for an go-to resource. NAMSS members and non-members are welcome to purchase the guide.
- Principles of credentialing and re-credentialing, including bylaws, policies, procedures, rules, and regulations;
- The application process;
- Credentials verification, including board certification and licensure;
- Clinical privileges;
- Peer review and performance improvement;
- Re-credentialing, reappointment, and reappraisal;
- Operations and information management;
- Medical staff management;
- Healthcare law, including medical staff appointments and privileges, the medical record, and the Healthcare Quality Improvement Act (HCQIA); and
- Exam study strategies and self-check questions.
- Increase your knowledge of the credentialing process;
- Improve your understanding of each medical environment and its patients;
- Access information organized by topic so that you can carefully review areas in which you are lacking knowledge;
- Gain familiarity with the types of questions included on the CPCS exam; and
- Own an accessible reference to help answer your questions in the workplace.
*The NAMSS Comparison Grid of Standards will be available upon purchase in the Online Education section of your NAMSS profile. Access the Grid by logging in on the NAMSS homepage and clicking the link on the right hand side of the page.
Note: The CCN does not develop, administer, sponsor, endorse, or financially benefit from any type of exam review, preparatory course or published materials related to the content of the certification examinations. The purchase and/or use of any exam preparation material does not guarantee a passing score on the exam.
Purchase Value Package: