NAMSS is proud to offer cutting-edge, online educational seminars that will enhance your knowledge in a wide variety of topics relating to the fields of medical staff services, credentialing, and privileging. The courses currently available offer a wealth of information reflecting the broad array of responsibilities and competencies for professionals committed to the delivery of quality health care. Please note: Online courses are designed as entirely virtual modules. While they may include additional resources that you can print out, the course material is not printable. Online courses expire after a year.
Please click the titles below for more specific information on each course:
NEW! Virtual Courses
2021 Provider Enrollment Virtual Course Series
This four-part live panel series will focus on the more complex aspects of Provider Enrollment and provide practical, relevant tips and takeaways that will aid in tackling the most common and current issues Provider Enrollment professionals are facing today. Register now to learn how to enhance your visibility, value and effectiveness as gatekeepers of patient safety alongside your fellow MSPs and a panel of experts in an interactive virtual setting. Attendees will have the opportunity to submit their questions in-advance of each session so you can get answers to the questions you face most in your profession.You may select to attend either all four live panel sessions, or you can sign up for the individual sessions that best meet your needs. As an added bonus, these sessions will be recorded and will be added to attendees’ NAMSS Online Education center profile. Register today!
- Credentialing Specialist (CPCS) Online Certification Preparation Course
- The NAMSS Credentialing Specialist Online Certification Preparation Course is an Internet-based program designed to help you assess your knowledge of the CPCS exam content and identify areas in which additional study is necessary before you take the exam. *This course includes access to the NAMSS Comparison Grid of Accreditation Standards.
- Medical Services Management (CPMSM) Online Certification Preparation Course
- The NAMSS Medical Services Management Online Certification Preparation Course is an Internet-based program designed to help you assess your knowledge of the CPMSM exam content and identify areas in which additional study is necessary before you take the exam. *This course includes access to the NAMSS Comparison Grid of Accreditation Standards.
- Credentialing 100
- A precursor to Credentialing 101, this course is designed for MSPs new to the field of credentialing. Typically, new MSPs learn their jobs on the fly, but in an era of new technologies, complex legal issues, updated processes, and multiple key players, the profession, regardless of someone’s stage in their professional lifecycle, has become much more complex. This interactive course addresses the basic aspects of credentialing and explains why they are important, helping those new to the profession understand the value of their role and its impact on their medical setting.
- MSP Roles & Responsibilities
- The healthcare environment has become increasingly diverse and complex with new technologies and an increasing variety of legal requirements. Designed for medical services professionals (MSP) who are new to the profession, this on-demand online course explores how the MSP role has evolved in recent years. Participants will examine their responsibilities from numerous points of view in medical settings, pinpointing the challenges, opportunities, and key issues involved in the job.
- Leadership Certificate Program – Online Modules
- The NAMSS Leadership Certificate Program Online Modules are a series of internet-based courses designed for MSPs dedicated to the field to expand on their experiences and gain the skills, confidence, and industry understanding to be stronger leaders within the industry and their facilities. Online modules focus on a variety of topics, including leadership, project management, compliance, human resources, finance, and negotiations. This program offers a total of 10 CE credits.
- Managed Care Basics
- This course is designed for MSPs seeking to enhance their knowledge, skills and abilities related to managed care. Whether you are a new MSP who has been tasked with provider enrollment or you are a more experienced manager who is now integrating managed care aspects into your credentialing department, you can greatly benefit from this course. This interactive course addresses health plan terminology, how to articulate the differences between enrollment and credentialing, and dives into the standards that affect managed care. From discussing the accrediting bodies involved in managed care standards to outlining the differences in requirements between managed care and hospital focused standards, this course will help you to move you and your organization forward.
- Provider Enrollment Building Blocks Bundle
- Are you brand new to Provider Enrollment or need a refresher on the basics? Our three-part Provider Enrollment Building Blocks Online Bundle is comprised of three recorded sessions* taught by industry professionals to help build your Provider Enrollment skills before you dive in to the full 2021 virtual course. These sessions answer the “who, what, when, where and why” of Provider Enrollment. More than just educational videos, this series also offers quizzes to test your knowledge as you go from session to session. Access to the “NAMSS Provider Enrollment Building Blocks” three session bundle includes immediate access to the session recordings and quizzes in the NAMSS Online Education Center. Get started with these overview courses today as you gear up for our more advanced 2021 Provider Enrollment Live Course Series!
- 2020 Provider Enrollment Virtual Course Recordings
- The 2020 NAMSS Provider Enrollment Virtual Course is a seven-part educational series of recordings that provide a detailed overview of the scope of provider enrollment, including but not limited to provider enrollment tips and tricks, CAQH and verification centralization, and enrollment requirements. This redesigned series of recordings teach Medical Service Professionals how to enhance their visibility, value, and effectiveness as gatekeepers of patient safety. Sessions can be purchased individually or as a bundle. Attendees who register for the entire series will receive a certificate at course completion. Purchase the recordings today!