NAMSS is proud to offer cutting-edge, online educational seminars that will enhance your knowledge in a wide variety of topics relating to the fields of medical staff services, credentialing, and privileging. The courses currently available offer a wealth of information reflecting the broad array of responsibilities and competencies for professionals committed to the delivery of quality health care. Please note: Online courses are designed as entirely virtual modules. While they may include additional resources that you can print out, the course material is not printable. Online courses expire after a year.
Please click the titles below for more specific information on each course:
NEW! Virtual Courses
Provider Enrollment Virtual Course
- The NAMSS Provider Enrollment Virtual Course is a seven-part educational series conducted online that will provide a detailed overview of the scope of provider enrollment, including but not limited to provider enrollment tips and tricks, CAQH and verification centralization, and enrollment requirements. This redesigned course will teach Medical Service Professionals how to enhance their visibility, value, and effectiveness as gatekeepers of patient safety. Sessions can be purchased individually or as a bundle. Purchase includes access to the live sessions as well as access to the session recordings through the NAMSS Online Education center. Attendees who register for the entire course will receive a certificate at course completion. Register today!
- Credentialing Specialist (CPCS) Online Certification Preparation Course
- The NAMSS Credentialing Specialist Online Certification Preparation Course is an Internet-based program designed to help you assess your knowledge of the CPCS exam content and identify areas in which additional study is necessary before you take the exam. *This course includes access to the NAMSS Comparison Grid of Accreditation Standards.
- Medical Services Management (CPMSM) Online Certification Preparation Course
- The NAMSS Medical Services Management Online Certification Preparation Course is an Internet-based program designed to help you assess your knowledge of the CPMSM exam content and identify areas in which additional study is necessary before you take the exam. *This course includes access to the NAMSS Comparison Grid of Accreditation Standards.
- Credentialing 100
- A precursor to Credentialing 101, this course is designed for MSPs new to the field of credentialing. Typically, new MSPs learn their jobs on the fly, but in an era of new technologies, complex legal issues, updated processes, and multiple key players, the profession, regardless of someone’s stage in their professional lifecycle, has become much more complex. This interactive course addresses the basic aspects of credentialing and explains why they are important, helping those new to the profession understand the value of their role and its impact on their medical setting.
- MSP Roles & Responsibilities
- The healthcare environment has become increasingly diverse and complex with new technologies and an increasing variety of legal requirements. Designed for medical services professionals (MSP) who are new to the profession, this on-demand online course explores how the MSP role has evolved in recent years. Participants will examine their responsibilities from numerous points of view in medical settings, pinpointing the challenges, opportunities, and key issues involved in the job.
- Leadership Certificate Program – Online Modules
- The NAMSS Leadership Certificate Program Online Modules are a series of internet-based courses designed for MSPs dedicated to the field to expand on their experiences and gain the skills, confidence, and industry understanding to be stronger leaders within the industry and their facilities. Online modules focus on a variety of topics, including leadership, project management, compliance, human resources, finance, and negotiations. This program offers a total of 10 CE credits.
- Managed Care Basics
- This course is designed for MSPs seeking to enhance their knowledge, skills and abilities related to managed care. Whether you are a new MSP who has been tasked with provider enrollment or you are a more experienced manager who is now integrating managed care aspects into your credentialing department, you can greatly benefit from this course. This interactive course addresses health plan terminology, how to articulate the differences between enrollment and credentialing, and dives into the standards that affect managed care. From discussing the accrediting bodies involved in managed care standards to outlining the differences in requirements between managed care and hospital focused standards, this course will help you to move you and your organization forward.