- On this Website (including its integrated third-party platforms);
- On the Conference Mobile App
- On other platforms we use to facilitate our management of the services we provide to you (e.g. conference registration sites); and
- In email, text, other electronic messages or by telephone or other communications between you and us and (if you are a member) between you and other members through the Website.
If you have questions or concerns regarding this policy, we welcome you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Acknowledgement of this Privacy Statement
2. Personal Information You Provide Voluntarily
We collect personal information at our Collection Places that include, but is not limited to, name, telephone number, email address, employer, professional title, date of birth, home or business and mailing address, gender, details regarding your entity and business, your job title, username and password, company contacts for corporate members, photographs, and education.>
The personal information you are asked to provide (including whether its provision is mandatory or not) is needed so that we may facilitate your access, purchase, use and/or participation in our service offerings, such as (collectively “Services”):
- (a) Membership;
- (b) Conferences & Events;
- (c) Educational programs;
- (d) Online forums;
- (e) Certification/accreditation activities;
- (f) Volunteer opportunities;
- (g) Products for sale;
- (h) Career services;
- (i) Surveys; and
- (j) Any other services and products that are updates or extensions to our Services or relate to other member benefits.
If you choose not to provide us with your personal information, you may not be able to enjoy certain components of our Services.
Additionally, we will also collect personal information when:
- You request us to contact you via mail, e-mail, or telephone to provide information, updates, or promotions about our Services;
- We enter into agreements for affiliated partnerships (e.g., exhibitors, sponsors, advertisers).
We will provide you with the choice and means for limiting the use and disclosure of your personal information before we use or disclose the information for a purpose that is materially different than the purpose described below.
At other times, we may collect information that cannot be used to identify you. For example, we may aggregate non-personal information about you and other customers who visit our Websites. Aggregated information will not contain any information that can be linked directly back to you.
4. Our Use of Your Personal Information
- (a) Provide information about our Services and affiliate partnerships;
- (b) Fulfill your member benefits;
- (c) Facilitate your attendance/participation at our conferences and events (both in person and virtual);
- (d) Track your attendance at conferences and trade shows (including exhibitor spaces);
- (e) Prepare invoices and process payments;
- (f) Respond to any of your questions or requests or other communications you send to us;
- (g) Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contract entered between you and us;
- (h) Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide information to us;
- (i) Present our Website effectively to you; or
- (j) Perform any other legitimate purpose reasonably consistent with your membership or affiliated partnership.
Additional uses of your non-personal and personal information will allow us to tailor our Services specific to your needs, to help organize and manage our relationship with you or your business, to conduct business, to provide you with support, and to perform functions that are described to you at the time of collection.
5. Our Disclosure of Your Personal Information to Third Parties
We may share your personal information with the following categories of recipients:
- Other NAMSS members may receive certain items of your personal information as part of a membership directory or through collaboration portals. In addition, if you sign up to attend a membership meeting or other NAMSS-sponsored event, all other NAMSS members who sign up for the event will be notified of your intended attendance at the event and may be given your full name, address, company name, and email address. We are not responsible for other members use or misuse of your personal information; and
- Affiliated partners, such as exhibitors, sponsors, and advertisers, may receive membership lists or event attendance lists that include your full name, address, company name, and email address. We are similarly not responsible for the use or misuse of your personal information by our affiliated partners.
We may also disclose your personal information as is necessary to: (a) comply with a subpoena or court order; (b) cooperate with law enforcement or other government agencies; (c) establish or exercise our legal rights; (d) protect the property or safety of our company and employees, contractors, vendors, suppliers, and customers; (e) defend against legal claims; (f) help with internal and external investigations; or (g) as otherwise required by law or permitted by law. We may disclose your information in connection with the sale or merger of NAMSS or any transaction that involves the sale or assignment of some or all of our assets.
6. Data Storage and Security
We make reasonable efforts to ensure that our Service Providers have implemented physical, electronic, and procedural security measures to assist with safeguarding your personal information and to help protect against unauthorized access and disclosure. Notwithstanding our efforts, the Internet has inherent security risks. We cannot promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information, personal searches, and other communications will always remain secure. You should take care with regard to how you handle and disclose your personal information or any username or password that you are required to use to access all of our Collection Places.
We will not keep your personal information longer than necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. We will securely destroy or erase personal information from our systems when it is no longer required to accomplish the purpose for which it was collected. We also will endeavor to ensure the deletion and destruction of personal information stored and maintained by third parties. We may, however, retain some personal information in order to comply with applicable laws, regulations, rules and court orders.
7. Children and Data Collection
Our Website content is not directed toward children who are under the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children. If we or our Service Providers become aware that a child has provided us with personal information without parental consent, that information will be deleted from our databases. If you have questions about personal information that may have been submitted by a child, please email us at email@example.com.
8. How You May Access and Change the Information that NAMSS Collects
The first time that you provide us with registration information through our Website, you may be offered the opportunity to subscribe to and receive additional information about our products and services. Each commercial e-mail that we send to you will offer you the opportunity to opt-out of continuing to receive such messages. We may take up to 10 business days to process your opt-out requests. In some instances, we may have already shared your information with one of our authorized third parties before you changed your information preferences, and you may briefly continue to receive e-mail even after you have opted out. FTC e-mail compliance guidance allows us to send you transactional and relationship e-mail without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving those types of e-mail.
9. Rooms/Forums/Message Boards/News Groups
Our Website may make digital forums available to its users. Please remember that any information disclosed in these areas becomes public information, and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose information through these areas of the Website.
If a complaint or dispute cannot be resolved through our internal process, we agree to dispute resolution using (an independent resourced mechanism) as a third party resolution provider.
11. General Information and Privacy Support Contact