Credentialing Specialist (CPCS) Online Certification
The NAMSS Credentialing Specialist Online Certification Preparation Course is an online program designed to help you assess your knowledge of the CPCS exam content and identify areas in which additional study is necessary before you take the exam.
This comprehensive workshop provides a high-level overview of the exam topics including credentialing and privileging; primary source verification; compliance with standards; and medical staff services operations reviewed from the perspective of a variety of health care settings, including hospitals, managed care organizations, ambulatory care settings, and CVOs.
Participants will work through a series of interactive activities including scenario-based exercises and case studies. A key focus of the course is your development of a personalized study plan for post-workshop study and preparation to take the examination. The course includes also supplementary resources to help you prepare for the exam. Please note: This online course is designed as entirely virtual module. While it does include additional resources that you can print out, the course material is not printable.
This course includes the NAMSS Comparison Grid of Standards.
What You Will Learn:
- Regulations, credentialing standards, and policies required of all medical environments;
- The credentialing application, review, and approval process;
- Primary source verification by NCQA and other accrediting bodies;
- A range of physician licensing challenges and regulations on a case-by-case basis;
- The privileging application and approval process;
- Recredentialing and accreditation policies and documentation;
- Paper and electronic file keeping and data management; and
- Find out more in our Frequently Asked Questions!
How You Will Benefit:
- Improve your understanding of each medical environment and its patients;
- Apply problem-solving tools and strategies to face legal, staff, and patient challenges;
- Recognize the latest standards and procedures in credentialing and accreditation;
- Enforce efficient recordkeeping practices to accommodate routine auditing; and
- Enhance your communication skills with patients, physicians, and accrediting bodies.
Who Should Purchase:
MSPs planning to take the Certified Provider Credentialing Specialist (CPCS) Certification Exam. NAMSS members and non-members are welcome.
This online course has been approved for 3.5 CE credits.
NAMSS members: $279
Visit the NAMSS Online Store to purchase this course.
Note: The NAMSS Credentialing Specialist (CPCS) Online Certification Preparation Course is a learning tool, and does not guarantee success on the certification exam. The CCN does not develop, administer, sponsor, endorse, or financially benefit from any type of exam review, preparatory course or published materials related to the content of the certification examinations. The purchase and/or use of any exam preparation material does not guarantee a passing score on the exam.